Baltimore Ravens: Fun Facts, History, and Resources For Gameday
Fun Facts about Baltimore Ravens
Who is the head coach for the Baltimore Ravens?
Who is the defensive coach for the Baltimore Ravens?
Who is the special teams coach for the Baltimore Ravens?
Who owns the Baltimore Ravens?
Who is the mascot for the Baltimore Ravens?
Raven named “Poe”
Who designed the Baltimore Ravens logo?
The first logo was used from 1996 through 1998 and was likely stolen from Frederick E. Bouchat, who had faxed a sketch to the Maryland Stadium Authority when he found out that Baltimore had been assigned an NFL team. He was not credited with the design, however. It is not known who designed the new Ravens logo that has been in use since 1999.
Fun Facts about Baltimore Ravens Stadium
What is the Baltimore Ravens stadium called?
M&T Bank Stadium
How many seats are in Baltimore Ravens stadium?
When was Baltimore Ravens stadium built?
History of the Baltimore Ravens
What players from the Baltimore Ravens are in the Football Hall Of Fame?
26 Rod Woodson 1998-2001 Inducted in 2009
What numbers have been retired by Baltimore Ravens?
Top 5 Players of all time for the Baltimore Ravens
5. Jamal Lewis – Running Back – Breaking many records while playing for the Baltimore Ravens, Jamal Lewis rushed for over 1,300 yards during his first season with the team. In 2003, he came within 39 yards of setting an all time single season rushing record, when he rushed for 2,066 yards.
As a Raven:
91 Games Played
4. Earnest Byner – Running Back – Byner was a Cleveland Brown, a Washington Redskin and a Baltimore Raven before he began his coaching career. As a player, he was a two-time Pro Bowl pick and Super Bowl XXVI Champion. His career ended with 512 receptions, 8,261 rushing yards on 2,095 carries and 56 touchdowns.
8,261 Rushing Yards
3. Peter Boulware – Linebacker – Boulware was a four-time Pro Bowl Selection, an All-Pro selection, the 1997 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, Super Bowl Champion in the XXXV game and he has been inducted into the Ravens Ring of Honor. All these were accomplished during his career long plays with the Baltimore Ravens, which lasted from 1997 until 2005.
26.5 Tackles for Loss
2. Jonathan Ogden – Offensive Tackle – Ogden played his entire NFL career with the Baltimore Ravens, from 1996 until 2007. During this time, Ogden was an eleven-time Pro Bowl selection, a six-time First-Team All-Pro selection, a two-time Second-Team All-Pro selection and a Super Bowl Champion.
177 Games Played
176 Games Started
10 Fumble Recoveries
1. Michael McCrary – Defensive Lineman – McCrary was a Seattle Seahawk before joining the Baltimore Ravens from 1997 until 2002. He was a Super Bowl Champion and a two-time Pro Bowl selection.
Game Day and Travel Information
Best Restaurants in the Area or Restaurants Owned By The Ravens Players or Coaches
Mothers Federal Hill Grille
1113 South Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
701 Washington Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21230
1026 S. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Tailgating Rules (According to M&T Bank Stadium’s Website)
How to Make Your Tailgate More Comfortable
- Bring plenty of chairs so people aren’t left standing
- If the weather is warm, put up a tent so it doesn’t get too hot
- Make sure the food fits the weather (i.e. chili when it’s cold or ice cold drinks when it’s hot)
- Avoid setting up in the middle of the parking lot so your party won’t be interrupted by passing cars
How to Keep Your Tailgate Clean
- Have plenty of trash bags on hand
- Provide napkins for people to clean themselves with after eating
- Avoid messy foods like saucy wings, which seem to get all over your face and hands no matter what!
- If you’re handling meats, be sure to bring hand sanitizer
How to Not Be Wasteful When Tailgating
- Bring food in Tupperware so it’s easy to pack up and take home when finished
- Provide smaller portioned foods so people won’t eat half and then dispose of it
- Keep your meats wrapped and separate from other food items until you’re ready to cook
- Designate a bag for recycling
How to Make Your Tailgate Fun
- Bring games to play like Cornhole and Ladder Ball
- Get the music pumping to get your tailgate jumping
- Cook-up some Baltimore favorites so you always have the home-field advantage
- Have a “Ray Lewis Entrance” dance off
How to Make Friends While Tailgating
- Clean-up your area when you are finished
- Bring extra food and drinks to share with your new friends.
- Don’t throw footballs too close to the grills
- Display your Ravens pride throughout your tailgate
Items allowed in the stadium
- Nothing larger than a freezer-sized zip-lock clear bag
- Diaper bags (with a child of appropriate age)
- Blankets, tarps, coats/jackets, binoculars and camera cases; fanny packs
- Small purses, however any purse and its contents must fit into a space no bigger than 1 cubic foot (12 x 12 x 12) in size. No exceptions.
- Small, personal cameras with a lens 6 inches or shorter
Prohibited items in the stadium
- Tote Bags
- Large Purses
- Grocery-type bags
- Plastic bags
- Bottles (plastic or glass)
- Air Horns
- Horns of any kind
- Artificial noise makers
- Laser pointers/pens
- Flag/banner poles
- Weapons or dangerous objects
- Video Cameras
- Cameras with a lens 6 inches in length or longer
- Camera monopods and tripods
- Rubber Coated Oversized Hands
- Footballs or Balls of any kind
Resources about The Baltimore Ravens
M&T Bank Stadium
Related Research Papers, Facts and Summaries For Teachers and Kids
- Denver Broncos: Fun Facts, History, and Resources for Gameday
Fun Facts about Denver Broncos Who is the head coach for the Denver Broncos? Josh McDaniels Who is...
- New Orleans Saints: Fun Facts, History, and Resources For Gameday
Fun Facts about New Orleans Saints Who is the head coach for the New Orleans Saints? Sean Payton...
- Atlanta Falcons: Fun Facts, History, and Resources For Gameday
Fun Facts about The Atlanta Falcons Who is the head coach for the Atlanta Falcons? Mike Smith Who...
- Indianapolis Colts: Fun Facts, History, and Resources For Gameday
Fun Facts about Indianapolis Colts Who is the head coach for the Indianapolis Colts? Jim Caldwell...
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Fun Facts, History, and Resources For Gameday
Fun Facts about Pittsburgh Steelers Who is the head coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers? Mike Tomlin...